according to someone far, far away.
Plenty magazine, formerly made with paper, is now an online-only product. And it's been taken over by MNN, the Mother Nature Network, aka the green CNN. But MNN is not in Michigan, so allow me to help.
An MNN/Plenty list of Green Hotspots throughout the United States includes four Michigan places (I've barely heard of):
Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck, the Ford Rouge Factory Tour in Dearborn, Harbor Springs Antiques and Crosby Mint Farms in St. Johns.
I guess these are OK choices, but how about a list that features Michigan's unique and natural wonders:
1. Lighthouses: Michigan has more than 115, including some you can get to without a boat. You can spend the night in some of these.
2. The Great Lakes. Recreation, fishing, serenity. Choose from Michigan, Superior, Huron and Erie (Ontario is actually outside the state).
3. Islands, like Mackinac and Beaver. Mackinac, no cars. Beaver, once ruled by a king.
4. Iargo Springs, Iosco County. Just a personal favorite (pictured above). Take a long walk down a wooden staircase, and be transported to a wonderland.
5. Add your personal favorites here, and in the comment section.
- Green Mullet.